Monthly Support Services
Email or phone CheckBooks for help with your MYOB or XERO bookkeeping system, or to learn MYOB or XERO tips & problem solving. Take part in our very exciting online support service with 'GoToAssist Expert'. CheckBooks use 'GoToAssist Expert' software to provide you with instant online MYOB help, problem solving or training. With your permission, we can view your computer screen & use your keyboard functions without having to leave our office.
For only $79 + GST a month you can receive unlimited support for your business.
Our monthly support service includes:
Personalised friendly service
- Technical support & problem solving
- Accounting/bookkeeping knowledge
- Contact via email, phone, fax, or 'GoToAssist Expert' (Mon-Fri 9.30am - 5pm)
- Periodic reviews & reconciliations of the data in your database file, to ensure you are meeting your tax and accounting requirements
- Discount on MYOB software product upgrades/annual subcriptions
To use our GoToAssist Expert service you will need:
- Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator 4.0 or later, Mozilla® Firefox® 1.0 or later or Safari™ 1.3 or later
Windows®, Server 2003 or Windows 8; or Mac OS®X 10.4 or later (no other operating systems are supported at this time)
A 28.8kbps or better Internet connection (56k recommended)
The ability to make direct outgoing TCP connections or availability of an HTTP proxy or a SOCKS server
Mac users note:
Certain features are not available with Mac Support, including File Transfer, Annotation Tools, Remote Diagnostics and Unattended Support
GoToAssist Expert security info:
- GoToAssist Expert provides true 'end-to-end' data security measures that address both passive and active attacks against confidentiality, integrity and availability. All GoToAssist Expert connections are 'end to end' encrypted and accessible only by authorized support session participants.
- Communications security controls based on strong cryptography are implemented at two layers: the "TCP layer" and the "Multicast Packet Security Layer" (MPSL).
- Public-key-based SRP authentication provides authentication and key establishment between endpoints.
- 128-bit AES encryption is used for session confidentiality.
- Session keys are generated by endpoints, and are never known to Citrix Online or its systems
- Communication servers only route encrypted packets and do not have the session encryption key.
- The GoToAssist Expert architecture minimises session data exposure risk while maximising its ability to link agents to those requesting help.